Saturday, 28 February 2009

My earliest memory

My earliest memory.....It was a spring day. There is a main house, a dirt road, Hauser lake and a mobile home or camper. My sister is standing in the door way of the camper with a very pretty speical dress on. It has methiolate spilled on it. Mom is very angry. I am crying, my sister is crying. Later I was told this was my sister's birhtday at my paternal grandparents lake home at Hauser lake. My dad had built a small shack type home on one end of their property. My sister had scratched herself and mom had told her it was ok. My sister wanted some first aid. She decided to do it herself. When she opened the methiolate she spilled it on her party dress.That is all that I remember of that story.
The other memory of this same age is of two large gallon glass jars sitting on the kitchen counter next to the sink. There is no lid on the jars, instead they are covered with thin dish towels and sealed with large red rubber bands. The milk had curdled with the whey at the top. I know from familiarity that mom is making cottage cheese. I was very small, probably 2 maybe 2 1/2 years old.
According to my mother this was the third place we had lived since I was born. The first was Thompson Falls, Montana, the secon was Noxon, Montana and Hauser Lake was the third.

No comments:

Post a Comment