Sunday, 27 September 2009

#12

After Sleepy Hollow we moved to Othello Washington. My Dad had bought a shoe repair shop there and Mom worked at the local supermarket.
I had been attending the Catholic school so when we entered the public school in Othello it was a bit of culture shock. I didn't mind being the new kid in school, it was always great to meet new friends. I was chosen to be a cheerleader and my Mom made all the uniforms for us. It was a pretty good time.
We had moved so quickly, as usual, we took what ever house Dad could find on short notice. The house was on the north side of town and very old and dirty. My sleeping area was in the enclosed front porch. I like this because I could see the stars at night and the sunrise in the morning.
My parents worked too many hours. One day when Dad came home he was too tired to even bother turning on the lights, he just wanted to go to bed. Mom on the other hand was home all day and decided to re-arrange the furniture......yep, you guessed right. Dad went to sit on the bed and the bed wasn't there anymore. The shocked shreik woke me and when the lights came on there was my Dad sitting in the middle of the floor with a shocked look on his face.
After that Mom didn't move the furniture without Dad's help.
House #12.